Like any beauty accessory or piece of clothing, and of course, natural hair, wigs and their attachment systems require maintenance to keep them in perfect conditions. At Wigs and Wonders, we provide maintenance and repair services for all types of wigs.
Wigs materials, synthetic or natural, need specialised care with special products. The unique product formulas improve, smooth, condition and repair the hair of the wig; therefore, applying the adequate products and procedures for each type of hair and wig is key to great looking and long-lasting wigs.
By using the correct products and attachment mechanisms, you could even double the lifespan of your wig or extensions.
If what you require is repairing service, our team will assess your case and determine which is the best course of action and necessary arrangements to bring your wig back to its prime state.
When it comes to maintenance, we have some piece of advice that you can follow at home:
- Never use regular shampoo or hair creams to wash your wig, only the types we recommend.
- Do not wash the wig too often; only when deemed necessary.
- Do not blow or straighten the wig’s hair as heat is harmful to some types of wigs.
- Always untangle the hair carefully before soaking the wig.
- Never dry the wig by rubbing it with a towel or brush it while it’s wet.
- Keep it on a wig stand when cleaning it or while not in use.
- Avoid exposing it to direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Never attempt to repair the wig yourself and bring it in for deeper cleaning and maintenance.